The National Association of Realtors requires that all with the designation of Realtor adhere to a strict Code of Ethics. Choosing a Realtor is a very important task whether you are buying or selling a home. Here is a list of the things that a Realtor brings to each customer.
What a REALTOR® Can Do for You
The REALTOR® you work with could be one of your most valuable resources. Unlike many real estate agents who are simply licensed by their state to do business, REALTORS® have taken additional steps to become members of the local board of REALTORS® and have agreed to act under and adhere to a strict Code of Ethics. Plus…
• A REALTOR® can help you determine how much home you can afford. Often a REALTOR® can suggest ways to accrue the down payment and explain alternative financing methods.
• A REALTOR®, in addition to knowing the local money market, also can tell you what personal and financial data to bring with you when you apply for a loan.
• A REALTOR® is already familiar with current real estate values, taxes, utility costs, municipal services and facilities, and may be aware of local zoning changes that could affect your decision to buy.
• A REALTOR® can usually research your housing needs in advance through a Multiple Listing Service–even if you are relocating from another city.
• A REALTOR® can show you only those homes best suited to your needs–size, style, features, location, accessibility to schools, transportation, shopping and other personal preferences.
• A REALTOR® often can suggest simple, imaginative changes that make a home more suitable for you and improve its utility and value.
• A REALTOR® is sensitive to the importance you place on this major commitment you are about to make. Look for a real estate professional to facilitate negotiation of a win-win agreement that will satisfy both you and the seller.